- 2-Hour or 4-Hour Sessions
- Available Sessions can also be tailored to the needs of the state or local affiliate.
Recognizing that culturally responsive instruction helps educators close achievement gaps, NEA offers a program that expands the capacity of educators to serve students from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
The Cultural Competence Training Program has four learning objectives:
- Deepen participants’ own cultural self-awareness.
- Increase their understanding of the link between cultural self-awareness and cultural competence.
- Identify culturally responsive teaching practices.
- Share strategies for promoting culturally responsive instruction.